Monday, December 28, 2009

2 down, 4 more to got

after a wonderful xmas holiday in houston, it was back to the business at hand. i had my 2nd chemo treatment today. my doctor, and nurses, were very happy with how i handled the first round. according to dr. kasper that's a good indicator of how i'll react to future treatments.

my bloodwork is still coming back as strong and healthy, with the exception of slight anemia - which explains why i've been getting winded so easily lately. at least it gives me a good excuse as to why my already lackluster housekeeping skills are slacking off.

they were able to speed up the rate of the IV, so instead of being stuck there for 6 hours, they were able to shorten it to 5. it's just an hour less, but the less i have to be there, the happier boy i am.

things that occupied my time during treatment: blissing out to Donna de Lory's "The Lover and the Beloved" (Donna was one of Madonna's longtime back-up dancers), reading "A Single Man" by Christopher Isherwood (tom ford just made this into a movie, but i want to read the book first), listening to Wanda Sykes' "Sick & Tired". and a lunch visit from my good friend Earnest who's visiting from Minneapolis.

So far no sickness...but i'm super pooped tonight. i barely have any interest in reaching for the clicker for the tv, so you know i must be tired. i guess it's gonna have to be another marathon night of golden girls.

i'm hoping it doesn't last too long though, my boo is coming in from LA on Wednesday....I'm so excited my tail is wagging.

till next time...

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sweets!! I Know your gonna power through this and my thoughts and prayers are with you!!
    xo
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Stephen -
    Thanks for the update!
    Glad they were able to save you an hour of being hooked up. Hope it's no worse than the first round.
    Don't know if they are playing in Austin but I saw re-runs of Salt & Peppa show today which I think you would LOVE.
    Thinking of you!
    Love
    Cameron

    ReplyDelete