Friday, January 8, 2010

BRRRRR....

it's cold in here...must be something in the atmosphere...i said brrrr....oh we oh we oh...ice ice ice

it's so freakin' cold in Austin. it's just not right. i'm definitely "california dreamin".

so it's been about a week and a half since my 2nd treatment and everything was pretty much the same as the first. the only thing that's really different is that i'm a lot more lethargic than i was the first time around. it's very frustrating, especially since i feel like i need to build up my strength again before my next treatment. my only goal for tomorrow is to go to the gym - whether it kills me or not.

i found a new lymphoma lump in one of my armpits. it's super tiny and hasn't grown much in the past week...so we're taking a "wait and see" approach since chemo's goal is to shrink it. it's really not worth having to go through another surgery. it was still kind of a bummer to discover it though :-( but i'm trying to stay optimistic, especially considering that my PET scan revealed 2 other lesions that have yet to present themselves, which shows that treatment is doing something right.

things that help nausea: anti-nausea medication (yay for modern science), hot tea, anything with ginger (ginger pills, ginger snaps, ginger ale), spliff (the miracle answer to nausea and loss of appetite).

in the past week i've received all these hand-knitted hats from various people....lol. i think it's super funny. for the next 3 months i'll be wandering around with craft projects on my head. i love it, though. it's totally appreciated...my noggin does get cold.

had the best Xmas/New Year's present ever, which lasted a week...a visit from someone special. i couldn't think of a better way to ring in the new year. we ate, slept, visited the LBJ Library, ate, slept, saw Avatar in 3-d on an Imax screen, ate, slept, ate, slept, saw It's complicate, ate, slept, watched Little Miss Perfect marathons, ate, slept. it totally took my mind off of everything.

i have one more week before school starts up again...which i'm really looking forward to. it'll be a good excuse to get my tooshy moving again.

thank you to everyone that's been checking in on me. the next "event" is scheduled for 1/21.

1 comment:

  1. I had a dream about you last night! You were a contestant in an AMAZING body building competition. (I hope you read that as dripping with sarcasm...) You were super orange and tan, and all shiny, and you were wearing a ridiculous gold lame Speedo. It was awesome.

    Keep up the good work, tough guy.

    ReplyDelete