Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Yawn

I was doing so well for a couple of days. I was out there doin' it, but today after getting my head freshly shorn, I completely dropped out. After lunch I felt like I got hit by a ton of bricks and quickly realized, whether I liked it or not, that it was naptime.

Naptime=4 hours

But everyone should be proud...I'm listening to my body instead of fighting it. There's always tomorrow to get things done.

Speaking of which, I mentioned in my last post about a new bump under one of my armpits. I decided to go ahead and make an appointment to meet with my oncologist tomorrow. I was thinking about it and thought it was weird that it would present itself when the point of chemo is to prevent these sort of occurrences. So that's on the agenda for tomorrow.

Also, my best friend texted me today about Michael C Hall, one of my favorite actors, currently on "Dexter"(which I'm obsessed with). Apparently he has lymphoma...but I can't find any specifics on what type. But nevertheless, the news I could find was encouraging and bolstered my confidence that my treatment will work. He's in remission and by all accounts has beaten it.

I'm super eager to start school next week. It'll be nice to have something to occupy my time. I've also been sending out inquiries for internships at local hospitals and specialized personal training facilities that cater to medical exercise, disease management, cancer survivorship, and cardiac rehab. It's a little late in the game, but hopefully I can get hooked up with a great mentor and start gaining some practical experience.

4 hour naptime=reward

reward=a pan of brownies

with that being said...i'm signing. those brownies won't bake themselves and the sooner they're done the sooner i can begin an oink fest.

xoxoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment